Friday, January 23, 2015

9/8/14 No Regrets!

Family and Friends!!
Another great week! It was Sister Marila's last week as a missionary. I said goodbye to her this morning. She heads home Wednesday morning after all their devotionals and dinners and such. It was super sad to say goodbye! We had such a fun transfer! She has been crying all week. It made me realize how hard it is going to be to leave. I can't imagine. She just kept telling me to enjoy my last 3 months and to give it my all. So that is what I am going to do! No Regrets! I know it will go fast. I get my new companion tomorrow! 
We had a really fun week though and saw a lot of miracles in our area. Things are starting to happen! We found a new family to teach and they are SO amazing! I am so excited about them! The other sisters had talked to one of the kids in sentro and then they referred her to us. We have been trying to find her house for a dew weeks now and were thinking we would give up- but one night on exchanges we had no more appointments so we decided to look for their family one more time. We asked the right person- the crush on the 15 year old girl haha. He was more than happy to show us her house. When we found it we were able to share with the mom, dad, and 3 of the 7 kids! They were so receptive and just kept thanking us for coming. I felt the spirit so strong during the lesson. I have been praying that we would find a family and it was for sure an answer to my prayers! I can't wait to go back to them!
We also were able to contact a referral that one of the Elder's investigators gave us. The two investigators are best friends. We had an awesome lesson with him and I am super excited about continuing to teach him! We were able to find a lot more new people to teach this week. Finally the area is picking up! I have definitely learned patience this transfer!
One of my favorite moments this week was while we were teaching Tatay Edwardo. He literally talked for 30 minutes straight. We could not get him to stop! Finally my comp politely interrupted him and closed the lesson. We asked him to give the closing prayer. He starts pretending like he doesn't have a voice and starts coughing. Haha We were laughing so hard when we left their house. 
This week we had a lot of splits to make up for the lost work at the start of the week due to us being sick. I have gotten sick more in this transfer than in my entire mission. Hopefully that was the last of it. Sayang ang work. It was fun to work with the YSA though, even if you have to teach the whole lesson by yourself. I think the investigators were sick of hearing me talk. haha 
This week we made sure we had a lot of fun before Sister Marila left. One night we had a "boodle fight" with all the Sisters in our zone. It is where you eat rice and ulam with your hands on top of a banana leaf. Masarap! We also had a gift exchange each night with the Sisters in our apartment since September is considered Christmas in the Philippines. 
It has been a good transfer! I am excited and nervous for what next transfer will bring. The adjustment to a new companion is always a little rough and awkward haha. But at least I still have Sister Hafoka in the apartment to make me laugh! She is training, so we will get a new sister in the apartment! I am so excited! 
Anyways, I love and miss you all! Have a good week! 
MAHAL NA MAHAL KO KAYO!!
-Sister Gardner








No comments:

Post a Comment