Friday, January 23, 2015

11/10/14 Missions Change Lives

Dear Family and Friends,
I am so short on time...so I will be quick today! This week wasn't too eventful anyway. My companion is having back problems still, so not too much work going on. I don't know what will happen with her this week, but it looks like if she isn't feeling better I will get put into a trisome for the last few weeks of my mission. That would be sad, but we shall see. Despite the long hours in the apartment, I managed to keep busy. I wrote lots and lots of letter to members and investigators, studied and studied some more. I'm for sure ready to get back to work. 
On Sunday we were able to work a little bit and taught 2 of the Avila families. One is a less active family, the other is a part member/ less active family. They were both such awesome lessons! With Jose and his family we were able to talk about the baptisms of all his kids. The spirit was strong and they are committed to work towards it. With Benjamin and his family we were able to find their concerns and resolve some issues with being offended. I love all the Avila families. If I can see all the Avila brothers at church before I leave, my mission will be complete. 
What else? This week I hit my 17 month mark. That felt weird. One day I was watching the district and Elder Bott was talking about how much his mission means to him and how much it has changes his life. That brought some tears. I can relate. 
This week I read D&C 19 about the worth of souls and the joy in bringing souls unto Christ. The greatest joy I have ever felt in my whole life is here on my mission as I have helped people repent and come to a knowledge of the truth. I will miss it so much. I don't know how I will ever be able to be this happy again. I hope that even after my mission is over, that I can help bring souls unto Christ and feel that joy. The greatest joy will be to see them in the Celestial Kingdom. 
Sorry there isn't much this week. I love you all! I love this work! Have a great week!
-Sister Gardner


No comments:

Post a Comment