Friday, January 23, 2015

8/11/14 Great Opportunity to Serve

Family and Friends,
Another week has flown by!!! I can't believe it! It was another busy week! We had MLC and Zone Training, so there was a lot of time spent preparing for that and then the other days we were just trying to catch up on the work. MLC and Zone Training were both really spiritual. My favorite topics were 'not comparing yourself with others' and 'staying focused during trials.'  A lot of the missionaries shared experiences from their missions. The missionaries that I get to serve with are so strong. Some of them have had such hard times here on the mission, but you would never know it because they are so happy and positive. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing examples. 
The highlight of my week was going on exchanges in Camalig! I got to go and work in my area for the whole day! It was so awesome! It was SO good to see everyone! I got to visit Rogie and Miguel and a bunch of other members and investigators. Two of the YSA worked with us. I miss Camalig everyday, but it is nice to be so close! I got the news that Rogie got one of his siblings to come to church with him yesterday! The Camalig ward keeps progressing! 
This morning we has a really cool opportunity to serve. There is a Nanay in our ward that just had a stroke. Her husband has something and so they asked us to watch her from 7-1. It was really sad to see her, but I could feel of Heavenly Father's love for her. She can't speak and she can hardly open her eyes, but we talked to her and sang her hymns. Tears would fall from her eyes every time we talked to or sang to her. It felt good to be able to help someone that really needed it. Better than playing sports on Pday.
This week I got the news that the Dad of the Ramirez family passed away. They are the family that was baptized on Masbate (everyone except David). He had an unexpected heart attack. I have been worried sick about them all week. Please pray for their family! They really need it.
This week I learned from several experiences that our Heavenly Father truly does love us. Sometimes we may feel alone, but he is always there ready to show His love for us. All we need to do is pray. The amazing thing about Heavenly Father's love for all of His children is that is doesn't matter who you are or what choices you are making. His love will always be there. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father that loves me unconditionally. Our way to show Him that we love Him in return is to follow His commandments and live His gospel. It is the least we can do for our Father who has given us EVERYTHING.
That's about it for my week! Just trying to endure the heat, build up our teaching pool, and pray that water will come out of the spout in the morning so I can shower (we never have water here in Guinobatan). 
I love and miss you all! 
-Sister Gardner




No comments:

Post a Comment