Friday, January 23, 2015

7/28/14 Typhoon Glenda

Ahhh I have so much to email about! So much has happened in the last two weeks! First of all there was a typhoon- Typhoon Glenda. That is why we didn't get to email last week. There is still no power in Camalig...so we came to Legazpi to email. They have power is centro.  Life without power is....just grand. The storm was CRAZY!! The wind was so loud. We were fine though. Our apartment flooded a little and we lost most the trees by our apartment, but we are safe! A lot of people lost their houses though or parts of their houses. The day after the storm we just did service all day and have been trying to find opportunities to serve since. When we came out of apartment the day after the storm I felt like I was in the day after tomorrow or something. Everything was just destroyed. It was super sad. The Philipinos are so amazing though- they just go right to cleaning everything up and repairing their houses. If you've got a walis, machete and bucket- you're set! 
Other than the storm- I am being transferred tomorrow. I am SO SAD! I absolutely love this area and am super attached to the people here. It has been rough. I really don't want to go. But no choice right? I will miss the people here a lot and look forward to the day when I can come back. Church yesterday was super sad. I cried when I bore my testimony. We spent most the day visiting my favorite families and sharing spiritual messages with them. A lot of goodbyes. A lot of tears from all the Nanays. We are having a ward family home evening though tonight and so I will get to see most the members there. Who knows where I will be transferred?
The best news is on Saturday we had two baptisms! Miguel and Rogie. It was the best day ever! Despite the pouring rain! Miguel is a part member, rescue baptism. His mom has been less active for years, but she is slowly , but surely returning to activity! Miguel is the cutest little boy ever. He used to be so bad in lessons and now he listens and participates and is the sweetest little boy. It was amazing to see him be baptized and he was so excited. He bore his testimony after. He was so nervous, but he did such a good job. Ah I love him! So then Rogie. I email about him all the time- so you probably sorta know his story. His older brother is a recent convert, but can't come to church because of work- so that is how we found Rogie. We ran into some troubles with his interview (I was napakastressed), but all worked out and he was baptized of Saturday. The Atonement is real. It changes peoples nature. It was the most powerful moment I have had on my mission to see Rogie be baptized and be completely sweeped clean of his past life and start over. He was so ready and his testimony after was so sincere. Jayson (a recent convert baptized him). Jayson and Rogie have become best friends over the past few weeks. It is the most adorable thing ever. Jayson has been so welcoming to Rogie and helped him feel comfortable at church. It was amazing to see him baptize him. Jayson even got Rogie to go to Institute with him. So awesome. One of the best parts of Rogie's baptism was that his older brother came! The one who is a member. He was so supportive and so excited for Rogie. It is good to know that Rogie has a lot of support. I feel so blessed to be a part of Rogie's conversion and it is going to kill me to not see him continue to progress!   
I have so much more I could talk about, but just more stories post mission. Basta I love my mission so much! I don't want to leave. Ever. I love seeing people's lives change everyday and teaching people about the truth. My mission has changed me. All my areas have changed me. Tomorrow we will see what the Lord has in store for me in my last area!
I love you all! 
Ingat palagi
-Sister Gardner




















No comments:

Post a Comment