Friday, January 23, 2015

11/17/14 Surprises

Dear Family and Friends!
This week was a crazy one! The weeks are going by WAYYY too fast. It scares me! On Tuesday we had a special MLC where all the district leaders in the whole mission were invited so there were a lot of people! It was about Family History. As a mission we are really trying to get all the members to become submitters. It got us really excited to teach the less actives and recent converts about Family History. We have started helping the members and they are also super excited! Gotta save souls here, and in the spirit world right? During MLC President Guanzon's son in law (he gave thew workshop) shared a cool story with us. They found a record showing that President Guanzon's greatx4 grandpa and grandma are from the Legazpi mission. They left here to get married because of a Mayon erruption. So President Guanzon has ancestors here that he is helping to receive the gospel. Super awesome. It was also super fun to see almost my whole batch at MLC. The sisters from the first batch in the Legazpi mission are going home! 
On Wednesday I got a surprise visit from Sister Ilago! I thought that I wouldn't get to see her before I left, but they were passing Guinobatan on the way to a meeting in Legazpi so President have permission for them to stop at the apartment. I was so shocked to see her, but so happy!! It was sad to say goodbye because who knows if I will ever see her again. She is from the sketchy part of the Philippines where white people shouldn't go haha. 
On Friday I had my last Zone Training. All the Sisters in our apartment did the musical number. We sang 'God Be With You Till We Meet Again.' One verse in Indian, one in Tagalog and the other in Tongan. Then at the end we all sang in our own language all together. It was so maganda! Our whole zone loved it! Getting creative over here in Guinobatan. Then I gave my departing testimony. I got super teary when Sister Hafoka gave hers, but then was nervous when I gave mine so I made it through without crying. It was sad though. I have been in this zone for half my mission.  Still doesn't really feel real though.  
We are working hard, but running into complicated problems with a lot of our investigators, but seeing MIRACLES with investigators. Inactive members are coming back to church! I am glad that I still get to see miracles in my last few weeks here on the mission! I will just try to enjoy it. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I don't want to miss out on anything that the Lord needs me to learn or do. I can see that Satan really tries to get a hold on missionaries in their last weeks. 
This morning the sisters in my apartment were super nice and surprised me for my birthday! Then the zone surprised me at the chapel! Such a good birthday! The last one that I get to spend here in the Philippines! 
I love you all! Have a happy week!
-Sister Gardner






















No comments:

Post a Comment