Friday, January 23, 2015

6/2/14 One Year!

Family and friends,
This week will be my one year mark!!! I can't believe it! It has been one year since I got dropped off at the MTC curb and cried because I had no idea what I was getting myself into. In one year I have seen so many miracles, grown and changed so much, made so many friendships, and learned a crazy language. I am so thankful for my mission and can't believe how fast it has flown by!
This week was a little slow, especially with our work. So not too eventful. I got sick which is never fun on the mission, but because of the slow week we are super determined to work hard this week and find lots of new people to teach! We have been able to find a lot of less actives, but are struggling with our investigators, so we are dedicating this week to finding! Gotta love tracting!
On Tuesday we had a combined Zone Conference. It was fun to see a lot of missionaries that I haven't seen in a really long time and of course to learn more about being an effective missionary. 
On Wednesday we went and did service at a less active members house. The Elder's didn't tell us what the service was- it was moving cement in buckets. The whole time I was thinking about what a good invention the wheelbarrow is... We had fun though despite the heat!
This week we taught our investigator, Sister Miranda. She is so amazing! She told us that every time after we leave that she gets laughed at by her friends and family, yet she keeps listening. She knows that the Book of Mormon is true and is willing to listen and keep her commitments even when everyone is making fun of her. I feel so bad for her, but am amazed at her courage to stand up for what is right. Now if we could just get her to church!!
Fasting was much needed this week! From being sick and the slow work I was just feeling a little down this week, but from fasting and lots of prayer I realize that this work is amazing and there are so many things to be thankful for! We would never appreciate the miracles in this work and the people that do listen to us if there weren't the hard times and the people that slammed the doors in our face (figuratively-no one really closes their doors here). 
Sorry I don't have that much to write about this week! Next week I promise I will have lots of stories! 
I love and miss you all! Have a great week!
-Sister Gardner
















No comments:

Post a Comment