Tuesday, May 6, 2014

4/7/14 Walking and Talking

Family and Friends:

Well, this week has for sure been one of the harder weeks on my mission! Of course still a good and happy week, just hard. We have been trying to find people to teach here in our open area, but we just aren't having the best success. We tract almost all day everyday and hardly get in any doors, so different than Masbate when everyone let you in and accepted a return appointment. But don't worry! We don't give up! We keep walking and walking and talking and talking. Some days we walk down the same street over and over and everyone looks at us like we are crazy. It doesn't help that I am the only white person. My poor companion, her first week in the mission field consisted of mostly tracting and then teaching our 2 investigators and 3 less actives. I try my best to make it fun, but there is only so much you can do.

I have found comfort in the scriptures- Alma 8:11-13 and Helaman 10:2-5. The Lord is more concerned with our obedience and the commitment to the work, than our success. I know that is true. I know that He has a plan for our area and that it will all work out and that we will find those people that have been prepared for the gospel!
The Camalig ward is awesome though! We had members work with us every single day this week! Yesterday in our coordination meeting they all reported on their work and it was all "even though we just tracted and got rejected, I still learned a lot and felt good doing the Lord's work." Then after Sister Ilago and I basically begged for referrals. 

On Friday we had Zone Training and it was all about finding people to teach- so that was fitting! During the practice teaching we taught Sister Nielson- my first lesson in English! It was so hard! It went so bad! I had no clue what to say. I always thought that it would be so easy to give talks, teach classes, and work with the missionaries when I get home because it would be in English. Nope. It is harder.

Then on Saturday we got to watch the General Women's Meeting. It was so good! It was nice to sit and feel the spirit after a long week. It made me proud to be a woman and proud of my role as a woman. I loved the unity of the meeting. Girls are so quick to criticize each other! Huwag! We are all Sisters. We should be patient and kind with each other. The conference made me really excited for General Conference this weekend! I can hardly wait! 
Then this morning for pday we went and played basketball, ping pong, and scrabble with some of the members at the ward and then make bicol express and ate it with out hands. It was a good time.

That was my week! A good one, but a longer one. I love you all! Thanks for all the prayers and support! MAHAL 

KO KAYO!

-Sister Gardner






No comments:

Post a Comment