Tuesday, May 6, 2014

3/31/14 A New Challenge

To the best family and friends!

This week has been very different! New area and a new companion. It has been crazy! On Wednesday my trainee was supposed to arrive, but we waited and waited and then found out that their flight was canceled, so they bussed them down from Manila. I didn't get my trainee until Thursday.  In the mean time Sister and Ogden and I headed to Camalig to check out my new area. We met with the Elders to split the area and then 2 members showed us around. It is so pretty here! It is super close to the Mayon so there are always gorgeous views. There are lots of rice fields, rivers and mountains that surround a small little city. We had fun walking around and meeting some of the members. They are all so nice and willing to help the missionaries.
So on thursday I met my new companion, Sister Ilago from Butuan. So she speaks Bisaya!  She is super nice!  Missionary life here in Camalig is a lot different than on Masbate. The area is a lot bigger and it is more middle class, which I am not used to. It is harder to tract. It is a ward here, but it is a lot smaller than the branch in Masbate. I know I will come to love it though. We just need to get the work moving and get ourselves a teaching pool! Oh the joys of the first weeks of an open area! 

Here are my highlights of the week- 1. Meeting the bishop and his family. They are adorable! They have 5 kids, 4 of them are girls and they are all darling! They were so nice and made me and my comp feel so welcome here! 2. We got a referral already from the members and were able to teach him and it went really well! 3. On Saturday night me and my companion were walking back to our apartment and a guy stopped us and asked us if he could come to our church. Of course we said yes and gave him a pass along card with all of the information. And he actually showed up and then we were able to teach him later in the day and it went really well! He said he has been seeking for the truth and that he was prompted to stop us. Miracles are already happening! I know that the Lord placed him in our path!  4. This morning some members took my comp and me on a 2 hour hike where we could see beautiful views of the Mayon. It is was so fun and so beautiful! Good way to start out the week!
So even though I am a little overwhelmed with training and trying to open the area and find people for us to teach, and trying to not get us lost, I am excited. It is a new challenge. I am so thankful that I know that I have my Heavenly Father to help me each day. Without Him I could not do this work! It would simply be too much. I know that our Heavenly Father is always there for us and he knows exactly how we feel and what we need. We simply need to pray to him and be worthy for his direction. Something that we all need no matter how talented we may be. We are nothing without the help of out Heavenly Father!

Thanks for all of your prayers and support each day! I love and miss you all!

-Sister Gardner






No comments:

Post a Comment