Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2/2/14 Stormy Weather

Family and Friends,


This might be the shortest email I ever send. This week was not too eventful. We traveled to Legazpi for a leadership training meeting on Wednesday morning and then because of a storm we got stuck there until Sunday. So our week consisted of a lot of traveling, trying to get back to Masbaste, and exchanges. We kept taking the 1.5 hour jeepney ride to the pier only to keep finding out there was either no boats going out of they were all sold out because so many people were trying to get back to Masbate. Waiting at the pier for hours on end is not exactly my favorite thing. As much as I love the swarms of people trying to carry your bags and sell you pili nuts, I would rather be walking around our area being swarmed by darling little kids.

Of course good things also happened this week though! On Monday and Tuesday we were able to teach and had a lot of really good lessons!  We started teaching Rosalie's kids, so we are looking forward to hopefully a family baptism! We were supposed to teach her husband, but since we got stranded in Legazpi we weren't able to, so hopefully this week! I don't know if I talked about Glen and Risa last week, but they are a couple and we were able to teach them again. They had read the Restoration pamphlet and were so excited about it! Their eyes were glued the whole time we taught about the Restoration and said we could come back everyday if we wanted. We have some really awesome investigators right now. It really is too bad we could visit most of them this week. The other Sisters in our apartment though were SO AWESOME and went and did our family home evening for us and visited one of our investigators for us! They are the best! 

The Leadership training was good though. Worth getting stranded in Legazpi for 5 days? Not so sure, but I did learn a lot. It made me want to just step up and be a better missionary. President Guanzon said that the mission is the place where you learn to overcome your weaknesses. That is what I want to do here. It is just scary how fast the time goes. I still have so much to learn, but the time just seems to keep flying by.

This week I read a lot of conference talks as we traveled around. The one that stood out the most to me this week was "We Never Walk Alone" by President Monson from last conference Relief Society session. Two quotes that I love are, "He who knows us better than we know ourselves. He who sees the larger picture and who knows the end from the beginning, has assured us that He will be there for us to provide help if we but ask." and "My dear sisters, your Heavenly Father loves you-each of you. That love never changes. It is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities. It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God's love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve it. It is simply always there." I have been thinking about the love that God has for all of us. No matter what we do, He will always love us. He shows His love for us in so many ways and if we will just look around we can see the manifestations of His love for all of us. I feel His love each day. I feel the love my Heavenly Father has for me and I feel the love that He has for the people here on Masbate. No matter how hard it gets we can feel his love. He only lets us pass through hardships because He loves us and wants us to become like Him. He is the one that knows what true happiness is and He knows how we will get there. We all just need to trust in Him and count our many blessings. I see so many people that don't know of the relationship that they have with their Heavenly Father and it makes me so sad. We truly have a Father in Heaven and we have the ability to pray to him WHENEVER we need Him. If we will just seek Him, we will feel of His power and influence in our lives. I know that that is true. 

So not the most eventful week, but transfers are next week and transfer announcements are this week! Hopefully I will be staying on the island! I sure am going to miss my companion though. These past two transfers have been way too awesome!

I love you all and miss you! Have a wonderful week! 

-Sister Gardner







No comments:

Post a Comment